Different way to air cool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeisalsocool

Daemon Poster
Here's an interesting idea that I've been thinking of:

I would like to sacrifice some performace for noise. Right now I have the Zalman 7000AlCu and a Ti4200 connected to a Biostar U8668-D. Here's what I'd like to do: Pull the Zalman fan right off, replace the Nvidia HS and fan with an oversized copper HS no fan, and add Ramsinks. Put a variable 120mm fan on the side panel in such a fashion that it hits both the CPU and GPU, and a nice 80mm exhaust on the top of the case. I would obviously need Arctic Silver 5 on the processors.

I'm not too impressed with the Heat Pipe cooler from Zalman, its a bit bulky for my taste.

Comments and criticisms are welcome. Thanks.
-Joe

here is a better one
Arctic Cooling VGA Cooler, Model "NV silencer 1" -RETAIL
Specifications:
Compatibility: nVIDIA GeForce 4 TI, nVIDIA FX5700
Fan Casing: Hair Dryer (23 fins)
Heatsink Plate: t(Cu)=2.5mm
Rated Fan Speeds: 2000 RPM
Memory Cooler: No
Bearing: Ceramic Bearing

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-186-117&depa=0

Instead of an 80mm fan at the top, I would put a 90mm or a 120mm fan on top.(i have an antec thermal controlled 120mm fan as a blowhole, it is very quiet)

Ooo I like that one better, there is no dead space over the core. Interesting design. Now, if I were to put a case fan on the side panel would that cause too much turbulence for the GPU fan?

I meant that I doubt it will change the way it cools, it's still getting air no matter what. What would be the purpose of this new fan?

Well, honestly it's not so much the fan as it is the HS. Most stock ones dont have sufficient cooling right at the core because ppl dont want to lose a PCI slot. Having more surface area is key weather there is a fan on it or not.

Soloman02 said:
here is a better one
Arctic Cooling VGA Cooler, Model "NV silencer 1" -RETAIL
Specifications:
Compatibility: nVIDIA GeForce 4 TI, nVIDIA FX5700
Fan Casing: Hair Dryer (23 fins)
Heatsink Plate: t(Cu)=2.5mm
Rated Fan Speeds: 2000 RPM
Memory Cooler: No
Bearing: Ceramic Bearing

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=35-186-117&depa=0

Instead of an 80mm fan at the top, I would put a 90mm or a 120mm fan on top.(i have an antec thermal controlled 120mm fan as a blowhole, it is very quiet)

I like the way it gets its air striaght from the outside of the case rather than gathering up warm air from inside the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom