Difference between 60mhz & 75mhz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayvon

In Runtime
Wassup everyone, I was just wondering whats the difference from 60mhz to 75mhz on my LCD Monitor?

What does it do and which should I put it at for the best picture?

Hz = number of cycles per second (in the case of monitors, it's the number of times the screen refreshes per second)

MHz = this many millions of cycles per second. monitors don't update millions of times per second.

but anyway, I'd recommend you do use 75Hz if your monitor supports it. the display is just smoother.

A monitor "flickers" very very rapidly. So fast, you normally don't see a thing. But on 60Hz, sometimes it will hurt your eyes and make your tired or give you headaches.

If you have a digital camera, look through the LCD screen at the monitor and you can sometimes see the flicker clear as day. :)

Or if you watch the news and they're doing a report and you see a CRT monitor in the background, it doesn't look right. There's always a huge black line that moves.

yea, as said really. if it is a CRT then definatly set it at 75. if it is a TFT, then you won't notice the difference.

gurusan said:
yup as far as I know TFTs don't have refresh rates...just response times

yea exactly. if you work it out, surely a 16ms response monitor (like mine) can refresh at max 1000ms/16ms=62.5Hz. so surely setting it any higher is pointless, as the monitor can't display it anyway?

correct me if i am wrong.... :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom