Did I Overclock Right??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its Me

Solid State Member
Allright i overclocked my computer the other day, well at least i tried i dont know if i done it right so i took a few pics of my bios to show you guys what i did. I have Athlon Amd 3000+ Venice Core processor 1.8ghz i overclocked it to 2.4ghz on stock cooling. Ati 9600xt All In Wonder, and 2*512 sticks of memory 1 gig basically. Just pay attention to the circled items basically. All right here are the pics:
This is before i made any changes
my.php

my.php

This is when i overclocked
my.php

my.php

Before i overclocked my temps were 30c idle and 38c max load and after i overclocked they were 36c idle and 46 max load

thos are some good temps for only having stock cooling, buy and zalman cnps 9500 and AS5 if you want to push it further.

hey thanks i am going to buy new cooling i was either going to stick with air cooling or go to water because right now my computer is loud!! But you didnt answer my question did i overclock right??

Well try running prime95 overnight and see if its stable.

IF it passes then you did it right.

Put the HT frequency to 4 instead of 3. You might also be able to put the CPU voltage down a bit. I got mine to 2.5 with 1.44V.

reggie_da_man said:
Put the HT frequency to 4 instead of 3. You might also be able to put the CPU voltage down a bit. I got mine to 2.5 with 1.44V.

But if i put the HT frequency to 4 instead of 3 then my cpu clock would be maxed out at 250 because 250*4=1000 and i thought if you go over 1000 computer will stall right?? and 250*9=2250 which is 2.25ghz so i will actually be getting a slower speed. Correct me if i am wrong, Thanks.

Yea you can push it a little bit more than 1000 here's another eample:

230*5 = 1150

230*4 = 920

You can keep the HT frequency at 5 instead of four in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom