Did I get an excellent 2500+? WTH!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alecjahn

Daemon Poster
I got my 2500+ on NF7 (non-s/m) to 2448mhz, [12x204] with only one bump of voltage increase. (1.65 --> 1.675) Woot! Pretty stable so far. Ran sandra's burn in test 45 times with no lockups.

Im looking forward to see where I can go, once I get rid of this crappy memory i'm borrowing from my brother.

Running a ducted Volcano 11 ~3300rpm.

Anyone else get bangin processors?

Yeah, me and 4W4K4 have XP-Mobiles, I have the 2400+ XP-M and he has the 2600+ XP-M. Mines at 2.5GHz but can hit 2.7GHz 100% stable, but it requires 1.975 Vcore, but for 2.5GHz I leave it at 1.875

4W4K3 has his at like 2.590GHz I believe and his only requires like 1.75 Vcore or something around that.

You should run Prime95 and make sure your processor can handle it atleast 12+ hours before you really call it stable

Yeah, I planned on doin that tonight. It's just weird since mine isn't a mobile. Maybe I just got a jewel or something. Let's hope.

Nah, the 2500+ XP is reveared as a good overclocker as well. It's always a choice between a Mobile or the 2500+ XP really. I almost got the 2500+ XP but then decided to go the mobile route because it's easier to get lower temps, but all in all the 2500+ XP has just as good of chance as OC'ing as the mobiles.

THe only other differences are sometimes the amount of Voltage required for certain speeds.

As you can see it takes me quite a bit of Vcore compared to 4W4K3 to achieve the same speed in GHz, BUT even though my Vcore is higher I can keep mine cooler than his because 1. Mine is a 35w chip compared to his 45w, and also I have ridiculous air cooling :p

Yeah, I understand the whole mobile/wattage/voltage thing already. :p

Ill tell ya the results tomorrow morning after I've run prime.

Well I wasn't like explaining it to you like you didn't know, but I was just mainly pointing out that the 2500+ XP is also a really good OC'er so those speeds you're reaching aren't surprising, but congrats anywho :D

Gotchya, gotchya.

It's not the speeds I'm surprised about. I expected to be here initially, just not at a mere 1.675 volts, only .025 volts over stock. Boy I can't wait to stick it at 1.8 and crank it up. (not in that order though, of course)

EDIT: Congrats on your 3000 post mark.

2448mhz on 1.675 volts is not bad at all.
I read somewhere 2500+ XP are one of the best OC'er and can do great ovelclocks.
Try reasing your volts and see what you get next i sure you can get a bit more out of it.

Great Overclock.
Nubius is your 2500+ XP Mobile multi's unlocked.

Neosteve

I had my old 2600+ at 2.3ghz w/out rasing the voltage. im pretty sure i could have gotten it higher if i would have. BTW i raised it like that and my temp stayed at 47c at full load.

I'm running 2420MHz currently, my PSU has all but died on me. It acts up alot and i hope i can get a new one soon. For 2.4GHz i takes 1.625v, ~28C idle and ~42C load. Playing NFSU for over 8hrs. straight last night lmao.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom