well. finally i got some new parts for my computer
a new motherboard: DFI Lanparty UT NF3 250Gb, and a Sempron 2800+ using the older paris core. i already had some OCZ EL plats that are good for 305FSB.
here's a few pictures:
in the beginning...
after a few hours... (blackout...
The results so far:
this is not how i run my system 24/7 i was just trying to find the limit of my memory; that was with 1 512mb module. it took 2s of my superpi 1M time with the extra bandwidth i got
not very good latencies, but i havent had much time to tweak everything. this is fully stable
im hoping to optimise my system a bit more, and make my memory timings a bit tighter. but lots of the options in the bois on this board are beyond what i know at the moment, so ill be doing lots of research and asking round in the next few weeks
i didnt include my best shot of 3dmark01. but with a Ti4200 128mb running underclocked 320/400 (coz its screwed, stock was 250/525) i got a little under 12k
would you believe it, the motherboard and cpu together only cost me $246.60US