DFI Lanparty UT-D and UV Cold Cathodes

Status
Not open for further replies.
UV lights can be quite subtle but if you distribute the light evenly, you can get a good glow. Personally, 2 12" blue would be enough and flood your case with light, but 4 12" (or two 12", two 4") UV usually work for me. 2 on top and 2 on the bottom. Most of the people that i know that go UV have a combination of 4 UV cathodes. I've tried 2 12" before, and if you put one on top and one on the bottom, you should still get a decent effect also.

UV CC"s are pretty weak, if you want bright i would go with the 2 blue CC's but if you jus want some glowing affects, 2 UV CC's and a couple of UV fans wouldnt be so bad :)

What's the difference? I'm just looking a fan just like the front of my Antec Super Lanboy case.

Would the blue CCs light up the rear fan much? Because if they'd light it up enough to make it look like it was actually a neon fan, I'd rather save my $50 instead of buying a 120mm neon fan.

Oh ok then, I've just been calling it a neon fan, lol. The back of the case has another 120mm fan, but its just a normal one. So I might replace it with a blue LED fan like the front, and stick two blue CCs in the case as well.

Ok, I was just about to order some 30cm CCs, but I just measured my case, and my hard drive bay gets in the way of the lower one. Now I'm thinking of just getting some 10cm ones. How much light would two 10cm CCs, one at the top and one of the bottom, give off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom