Dell Dimension 8400 Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

uther(UK)

Solid State Member
Im trying too mod my dell case so i can put some extra system cooling fans in, but it seems very difficult to cut the steel case, anybody got any tips?

Does the side panel have 2 layers of whatever?

Use a dremel you can pick one up at your local hardware store, its a handheld rotary saw. It will cut through any case you have.

You can use a normal drill bit. Then drill tons of holes, intil they intersected. Witch a big hole would remain. Thats if its your only option.

Thats why you should never get a Dell. They always overheat now since there are no fans. They aren't made for a lot of stress. They used to be good years ago.
I think a very sharp razor may be able to cut the metal on the sliding side of the case. Don't know how you would get holes in the plastic without making it look bad. I would just cut a square and put a face plate on it.

Hes doing fan holes, so its not going to be impossible. I dont know what mobo you have in that rig, but you should be able to OC it. Unless dell really gets in those computers. Your going to OC it rite?

i have a modded dell. my side panel has a window with custom design, extra fans, blue led psu, new video card (6600gt), repainted parts and ccfl lighting. so there is a lot to do to a dell. and yes, the dremel is the tool of choice. i thought about an air intake on the top, also, two small 40x60 fans blowing in or out. not sure though.

Dell cases you can do w/e you want, but how dell builts their computers, you just cant upgrade certain things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom