Decisions, decisions...

Status
Not open for further replies.
your copying my system almost!

Actually I'm almost copying my system. If I buy a product, use it, and like it, I will recommend it. First-hand experience is better than just following what someone else says, and using it as your own advice.

Its best to shop around as Newegg usually doesn't deliver the cheapest prices around. Unless your not overclocking, going with my OEM suggestion is good enough, and that plus a fan will cost you less than the retail Venice, plus you will have a better fan, which will provide you a better overclock.

Also, the WD hard drive is a good deal, and is very cheap for a hard drive of that size. If you don't pay tax at outpost, then you should go for it, even IF it is MIR. SATAII will not provide a increase in performance generally. Heck, even IDE 133 will provide the same performance as SATA150.
p o
Ow ya, since your conserned about price, corsair value select is a good option. You can always raise the HTT with the ram divider, and since the processor is already running ASYNC with the ram at stock speeds, it wont affect performance overclocked. However, if you don't care about price (I think you do though), then get some TCCDs since they give a huge fsb increase on the side of the ram, and will give you a 2-5% performance increase. However, they are 2x as expensive as the corsair value select, so its generally not worth it.Also, 512 Mb is good enough, and you can always slan some more sticks later if you need the performance increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom