Decent Overclock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forchunet

In Runtime
Using Coolbits I was able to overclock my XFX 6600gt to speeds of

Core Clock Frequency - 561 Mhz
Memory Clock Frequency - 1.09 Ghz

I now get a 8500+ in 3DMark03. I was wondering if this is a decent overclock seeing as how I dont know if I pushed it far enough or not nearly as far as it could go.

Thanks

Stock is 500/1000 right and you're doin 561/1090?

Hmm...what was your original score in 3Dmark03 do you have it recorded by chance?

My memory on my current card go only go up like 50 but my core can go up like 100..

Seems like 600/1100 should be possibly with that card, but then again I don't know what kind of cooling XFX has on that, meaning the quality of the heatsink on there.

Hopefully I'll be getting an eVGA 6600GT here in a couple weeks and I'll have something to compare to yours :D

Other than that if it seems everything is smooth and cool (which btw did you check your idle and load temps before and after overclocking?) if you still have low temps then keep pushing unless you're not comfortable doing so

No I didnt check the Temps before the overclock. I was able tp push it farther up to 585/1120 but I didnt feel so comfortable. My temps now are 47c Idle and 55c Load. Are those alright.

My original 3dMark03 Score, though not exact was about 7700+

Yeah I believe 55C is pretty good for full load on the new cards especially. Believe the 6800 easily gets into the 60's

I'd say you got a pretty good OC going with that new updated speeds you gave me and if you're not comfortable going further that's completely understandable. Have you tried doing the 'test for optimal results' button and see how far coolbits pushes it? Might be something to try.

Also what are your new scores in 3dmark with the newer 581/1120 speeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom