Ddr400

Status
Not open for further replies.

harley88

Baseband Member
mourning folks
i am a real pc dumb old man , and whould like to learn how i can
optimize my DDR400 memory at 400MHz like it supposed to be.
would one of you fine fellows give a tip or two on where to start?
thanks much
harley

Umm, it should be running at 200MHz (400MHz effective) right out of the box. What speed is it running at now?

Magouster
thanks for your reply.
its running at 199.9MHz now , i want to get to run at 400MHz
thanks again
harley

DDR is an acronym for Double Data Rate. The RAM is running at the same speed as the FSB of your CPU, which is 200MHz. This is where the "double" comes into it. 200x2=400MHz, for DDR400.

Hope it clarifies things for you. :D

Magouster
shoot i dont guess i got the smarts to understand this. my FSB
is supposed to be 800MHz , and the cpu-z utilitiy says it's running
at 799.6MHz.
thanks
harley

CPU frequency will always fluctuate somewhat. You won't notice a .4MHz speed difference either way so don't concern yourself with it

Okay, with Intel systems, the FSB is "quad-pumped", meaning the FSB's total speed is 4 times faster than the system clock (or FSB at 200MHz). I'm not sure exactly how that works, I'm no expert on the new Intel setups.

The fact that your FSB isn't running at 100% full speed is nothing to be worried about, it's due to slight imperfections in the manufacturing processes for the motherboard circuitry and the quarts crystal that generates the clock frequency that controls al communication in your PC.

My FSB for instance runs (usually) at 201.4MHz, instead of at 200. Nothing to worry about, realy. If anything, your PC sounds like it's running perfectly! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom