dang

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh im seriously debating selling all 3 of my EVGA cards and going crossfire for the x38 chipset.

yeah if they are all evga you are looking at like 900 bucks for all 3. thats enough for two cards and a new mobo, proly.
ay yi yi i just dont get it...people on ebay pay more for stuff than if they just like...walked into the store and bought it.
the only bad thing are the fees. but, oh well i got the cash for it.
crossfire with that 24" and you will see a big improvement over SLI. plus, you can run both monitors w/out switching. which is obviously a drawback of SLI when using multiple monitors.

Orly. Crossfire lets you run dual monitors? Yep, sounds like some cards are going on ebay this weekend. Now to figure out what x38 board to buy. STE just bought the abit that i was looking at, its either that board or the gigabyte x38 board.

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-X38-DQ6 LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Ultra Durable 2, Ultra Cooling Intel Motherboard - Retail
or
Newegg.com - ABIT IX38 Quad GT LGA 775 Intel X38 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Please dont suggest Asus. I will not be buying an Asus board. Also im leaning more towards the gigabyte board as i have had really good luck so far with my ds3r.

I would wait and see what Ste thinks of the Abit first, They make some great boards. The IP-35 Pro seems like a champ over at XS, maybe it does the same for the X38 chipset?

Ya, ste needs to hurry up and get that thing going. I have to find some 3870s for a reasonable price first though. Gonna call best buy when i get home and see if i can get put in the queue or preorder 2 of the visiontek's that are on sale for 215 but sold out. I also need to ge tthem to fix my rewards points, i have like 100$ worth of coupons but cant get to them because their system is being stupid.

No. Not considering that ddr3 crucial is like 500 bucks per 2gb. I'll switch to ddr3 if and when nehalem comes out and i'm forced to get a new board for that cpu.

yea, and I've read that performance gains are pretty marginal. You'll pay a lot more for a X38 mobo with DDR3 support too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom