[Cyprus 29] Cooler Master HAF935 : New Build! - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Overclocking and Modding

Old 03-06-2014, 03:51 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Default [Cyprus 29] Cooler Master HAF935 : New Build!

Hey there Everyone! Well I have been busy lately! Finished up Grey Matter, started my Fractal Design build, and also started a 4x2CNC build. I took the case feet from my fractal build and moved them to this project because I have a good idea for them. I want to thank the companies so far supporting this build, I appreciate it!

About this project:

Again I was looking into color schemes that are not often worked with, I wanted to do something unique and creative like Grey Matter, so I decided to use a ROG theme!:thumb: Haha just playing!:duh: I decided on a glossy brushed copper and white theme, I am calling it Cyprus 29. I came up with the name because the first copper mines in the world were located on the island of Cyprus and 29 is the atomic number on the periodic table for copper. I have some copper sheet, white paint and acrylic, brushed copper vinyl wrap. I will be using white Primochill revolvers with 1/2" copper tubing and white pastel liquid. Its going to be an interesting theme and a lot of fun to do!

Don't forget to look here for quick links to my updates! I hope to add videos along the way as well!
[x]
[x]

Here will be the compiled list of components:

<>PC Components:
[x] Case : Cooler Master HAF 935
[x] PSU :
[x] CPU:
[x] MoBo:
[x] RAM:
[x] GPU:
[x] SSD:
[x] Optical:

<>Water Cooling System
[x] 1/2"OD Copper Tubing
[x]

Alright. With all that out of the way, lets take a look at this beast of a case. First thing I did was get it out of the box and tear some of it down to start planning the component orientation. Thanks again to Cooler Master North America for the case! :thumb:

In case you missed them on he Black Frost Fractal build, here are the beast mode case feet from Casefeet.com. I am going to make copper rings for them.

One gripe I found about the case is these glued in filters, they are a pain when it comes to modding. So I proceeded to razor them all out.

For the component orientation I decided on, I will be using the small case on the bottom as a pedestal. and I also flipped the case so the back door is now the front window so I can flip the motherboard 270.

then I did a little prep work and painted the mesh. I painted it a bright white and the plastic panels will be painted with polished copper. Ill have some of that next update. First I scuffed the mesh then washed it off. Let it dry then tack cloth it. Then I sprayed paint adhesive then the paint follow by clear coat. I am using acrylic lacquer paint now as opposed to acrylic enamel in the past.

Well that is what I have for now. I should have an update at least once a week, I try for every Monday. I hope you enjoyed it and are excited as I am!:rock: Talk to you all very soon!

Orangeclockwerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Private Joker

Default Re: [Cyprus 29] Cooler Master HAF935 : New Build!

Looks good so far! Keep us up to date!

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 09:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnageX View Post
Looks good so far! Keep us up to date!
Thanks I will for sure, Monday I should have my first update on it!
Old 03-10-2014, 01:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Hey everyone! Well aparently you cant go back and edit posts so you can ignore my update area in the first post. I usually put hot links to all my updates in the first post pf my build logs. Anyway I got busy on this build over the last week. I really have to say I am excited to see this build come to be. The copper and white color scheme is really growing to be my favorite scheme yet!

Well lets get into it! Some copper film and paracord came in the mail through the week. I picked up some painting supplies to start. I also bought parts from MNPCtech.com.

Parts bought from MNPCtech.com

M3 PC Radiator screws.

PC Modders Mesh Sheets.

Rubber U-channel panel edge and window trim.

I disassembled the entire case.

Once it was apart I did some work to both bottom panels. I removed most of the top case bottom panel and I added the massive case feet to the bottom case bottom panel. I am going to file down the top case bottom panel when my U-channel arrives.

After razor cutting out 75% of the dust filters that are cast into the bezel, I decided to cut the honeycomb plastic fronts out. They are barely visible through the mesh anyway. I will be painting the bezel with this metallic copper paint I just ordered, as long as it matches the copper correctly. All the plastics in the build will get the copper paint and should be prepped and ready when it arrives.

Old 03-10-2014, 01:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Most work went into the bottom case, or pedestal if you will. First, I had to remove some material from the front.

Then I removed the back panel.

After that I was able to paint and do a little assembly.

I made a new rear panel out of white acrylic. I made new rear panels because of the way my components will be installed.

Old 03-10-2014, 01:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Then I made a made a new floor out of acrylic and wrapped it in the copper film. I got excited when I saw the copper on the white! Its exactly as awesome at I thought it would be!

The last thing I was working on was my logo plate for the back door of the bottom case. I'm cutting "Cyprus 29" out of white acrylic and attaching it to a polished copper panel backdrop.
I cut the copper with the Bosch Colt, that boy is a champ!

Once it was cut I started scuffing the oxidation off. Even the brushed copper look is really nice. I will get it polished and finished for next update. I set it where its going to be mounted for a photo.

Well thats all I got for now. Thanks for watching!
Old 03-11-2014, 09:17 AM   #7 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Nice start dude, looking forward to watching more progress!
Mnpctech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:18 AM   #8 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnpctech View Post
Nice start dude, looking forward to watching more progress!
Thanks man! hope to get enough work done this week and weekend for an update monday. If not the following monday for sure.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Hey there everyone! I wanted to share what I have done over the last couple weeks. I have 5 times the number of forums to update this time around so I am trying to stay on a 2 week update schedule unlike last build I tried to update every week.

If you would like to see some live updates check out my Facebook modding page Clockwerk Case Mods. I regularly post photos and share my work as I am doing it. Then head back to the forums for a bi-weekly update. I also share the work of friends and other modders I have met along the way in my time modding!Basically I just wanted to let you know where I can be found in between updates, now Ill get to my work.

A few Items arrived from MNPCtech.com! Some Modders mesh, U-channel, rad screws, and a monkey modding decal!

I also found some metallic copper paint that matched almost exactly to brushed copper. I would of liked to stay with the reflective polished look but I also liked the brushed look very much as well. I am just happy I found a match!

One of the first things I worked on was building an extension area between the 2 cases to route tubing from bulkheads and route wires. For the way I want to run all my tubing it is definitely needed. The sad thing is i changed my mind on the way I will build it after a lot of work put into building up a frame out of MicroRax. I ran out of parts for the MicroRax and had to make my own. It was a huge pain and I decided to eventually fall back onto the aluminum cubes for an easier cleaner look.

I had to make cut outs to avoid screws.

That wasn't bad, the annoying thing was making the slide in threaded inserts.

Old 03-24-2014, 01:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Junior Techie

The good thing was, by doing all this work, I got a good look at what I will be working with when I build it back up in the next week and create the interior panel layouts. I have a few cool ideas right now for the panels to close in the extension area too.

After building up the case I broke it back down to do a little painting and redesign. I had a MNPCtech billet fan grill I have been wanting to use so I painted it according to the theme and got it mounted. Its use will be to mount a fan the pulls air into the PSU.

It the end I think it looks like it really belongs on this panel lol.

I put the panel back on and got a shot showing how it mounts and its purpose..

Tags
casefeet.com, cooler master, mnpctech, mod/smart, primochill