cutting a whole in my case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
I am thinking about putting a fan in the top of my raidmax ninja computer case.

I would use a dremel but my parents will get mad if i open it cause they are selling it on ebay.

Will a rotozip work for that?

Not too sure if that will work, but you can get hole saw attachments for a drill and cut a perfect rounded hole for a fan. Drill 4 holes for the screws and get a nice fan grill with a thick edge and your sorted.

Yes, A rotozip will work.

It will be easier if you have all the attachments, inparticular the one that works like a compass (geometry, not nautical).

Drill the "seating" hole at the center of the point you want your cut-out to be, then use the guide to describe your circle as the rotozip cuts the material of your case.

Wear eye-protection as you will want to observe the cut as it is being made to make sure that it is clean and professional.

Holy ****! All the effort just for that little fan!? You should have put something massive in there, capable of moving a lot of air quietly and efficiently...like at least a 120mm.

BTW, thermite and a pair of bone-nipper pliars work great, too...if you're a pyro. If not, a jig-saw with a steel-cut blade works great.

PS - the **** was for h3ll...not the more commonly thought of curse...

I am thinking about upgrading but i can't use that pocket knife again cause now its too dull.

At least the pocket knife wasn't too expensive. ($10.00)

Norcent said:
At least the pocket knife wasn't too expensive. ($10.00)
If you have friends, find one with a dremmel or jigsaw. I'm sure someone will help you make a round hole.

I don't think so cause i work all the time and my friends work 3 jobs.

I don't like using other peoples tools either.

If i had an 120mm fan laying around i'd make that whole bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom