Cutting Tools and pc mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That will take a while to cut a side panel with that,the best thing to use for a side panel is a jig saw if you are doing a window mod,other than that the dremel will work great for cutting smaller hole's and that,another thing you might want to look at is hole saw's for doing fan hole's or if you think you have a steady hand use the dremel on them.

Yeah, just my question, how to cut good holes for 80MM fan's on acrylic? I was think of hooking a hole making drill thingy into my cordless and using that, only one worry, will I find the correctly sized hole culler/drill/thing?
Well, good luck anyhow
Yan

For making fan hole's in plexi it would be best to get the proper size hole saw,They make hole saw's for just about every size you need,before you cut anything put a couple of layers of masking tape over the place you want to cut,don't put lot's of pressure on it just let the saw do it's job and if your drill has a speed setting on it set it to 1 of the lowest speed's.

I used a jigsaw for all the cuttings in my case....I really wouldn't recommend it as it's extremely loud, and towards the end of the cut your case will want to shake REALLY bad, not only that, but chances are you will be left with a lot of burrs and pointy ends that you'll need to flatten or file down. The Dremel is the modders best friend and anyone who does extreme case modding will tell you so. If you don't have a dremel I suggest you pick that one up you linked to anyway as it'll help make finer edges and clean up whatever edges need it.

35,000 RPM spinning diamond carbide blade is supreme over a jagged jigsaw and either one would take you a while. You can see my case mod project here:

http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31244&highlight=infamous

and that took 2 days of work, few hours on saturday, few on sunday and the few on sunday was finishing up holes, and then putting it all back together. Either way though, cutting through the case with the jigsaw was no faster or easier than a nice edged fast RPM dremel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom