cutting case for fan placement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought one to cut holes in the side of my case and a 120mm blowhole on top, it worked well. real handy for stuff other than computer modding. the hard part for me was drilling the holes correctly, and making the edges of the holes smooth.

it was a huge pain in the ass and i went through cutting discs like candy but once i figured out a technique it worked pretty well. its pretty smoothe too circular not octagonal or anything. the best way i saw was to trace the inseide of the fan to make an outline of the hole and then use cutting discs to cut down into that line from the top. it seems a little odd but it works well. this gives you the basics shape but with mostly straight outer lines. then you use the grinder to make it a circle and smoothe everything out. i think it might be easier to do with the metal cutting tool but i didnt have that so i had to make do. all in all it worked pretty well but im having problems with mbm5 so i dont know how well the fan is working on lowering my temps.

Make your life easy, Use a whole saw, then use the dremel to clean up any rough edges, thats what I do.:D

i installed a 12omm fan on the side of my case just yesterday. i used a jigsaw and it came out perfect. its quicker than a dremel too.

im sure it is the dremel took me forever. very nice little tool though very versatile. definitely worth having.

oh and if anyone on this thread could help me with my mbm5 problem id appreciate it. basically my case temp reads as 25c all the time never changes. i dont believe this is right. my cpu readout is good but my case is a constant 25 regardless of anything. if anyone knows how to fix this please help. thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom