Customised Computer Case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sean, too many fans is a problem. Having proper airflow is much better, just enough to move heat from your components.

Ideally, feeding the gpu, and getting air up past the cpu cooler. SO suck ing from bottom, expell out the top.

Now, O.P. having room behind the bsack anel would rock.

Thanks guys, so I should consider building a case that comes pre-built with water cooling?

My objective is really (1) to save space on the desk for other things while having a sweet looking pc and (2)... I want to be able to reach into the student pocket... if you know what i mean...

Obviously there will be different models ranging from affordable to expensive but thats all teething thoughts im thinking about...

any other ideas you would consider changing on a case?

Well, it may sound like a lot of trouble, and to be honest the early implementation(Silverstone Raven RV01) I have isnt as effective as it could be, but have you considered mounting the motherboard at a 90 degree rotation (horizontally)? The videocards and the heat from components exhaust upwards as heat rises, so really it's a design more manufacturers should have implemented and perfected by now versus the traditional method. Otherwise, pretty much what Paton said, lots of room behind the mobo tray for wiring, cold cathode inverters, etc. I'd be glad to help you a little bit, as I have a very healthy imagination and I love conceptualizing.

As an example, this is my unfinished concept of my perfect case. The pink is just a placeholder color for plexi-glass. I've added alot of new features that arent listed...for a reason.

Dominion2smallest.jpg

Thanks guys, so I should consider building a case that comes pre-built with water cooling?

No, "pre-built" with water cooling is a gimmick. All you'll get is a case with a cheap self-contained water cooler that can't be upgraded with better components later.

Yes to a case that comes "pre-built" with special water cooling features (grommented holes for tubing, spaces designed for radiators, etc...)

lukepretorius said:
My objective is really (1) to save space on the desk for other things while having a sweet looking pc and (2)... I want to be able to reach into the student pocket... if you know what i mean...

Unless you have a large "student pocket" you should stick with air cooling. While all the "High-Performance" heatsinks are rather large, there are still a few smaller heatsinks available that cool decently. You won't set any speed records but you'll still have a good PC.

So you made a silverstone raven green, longer, and gave it a handle?

Lol... actually, no. I'm surprised you didnt notice that there are a few features found on NO cases of present day. I wont insult your intelligence, but the 90 degree motherboard mounting and sleek styling are about the only features in common with the Raven. I bet you didnt notice the 12x PCIe slots, the hide away wheels, activated by pulling and twisting the case handle, the 5.25" mounting strips vs mounting rack, etc. It's a case designed for ATX extended motherboards and future mobos, liquid cooling, transport, and modding....all while incorporating theoretical designs that have solid foundations in physics and convective lower pressure airflow. That isnt the most recent version of the concept, but it is far from just a bigger Raven case to the trained eye.

Lol... actually, no. I'm surprised you didnt notice that there are a few features found on NO cases of present day. I wont insult your intelligence, but the 90 degree motherboard mounting and sleek styling are about the only features in common with the Raven. I bet you didnt notice the 12x PCIe slots, the hide away wheels, activated by pulling and twisting the case handle, the 5.25" mounting strips vs mounting rack, etc. It's a case designed for ATX extended motherboards and future mobos, liquid cooling, transport, and modding....all while incorporating theoretical designs that have solid foundations in physics and convective lower pressure airflow. That isnt the most recent version of the concept, but it is far from just a bigger Raven case to the trained eye.

Oh sorry I didn't see; how I could I have been so ignorant! The theoretical designs and physics are astounding. Along with convective low pressure airflow! It's like putting a hurricane in your case! Then wheels, oh my wheels, I love wheels.

The render is also outstanding, along with the blurred text. I mean, only a complete dolt would miss what I did. Blurred out text is so easy to read, I think I may scan all of my books into photoshop and blur them, I never realized how easy it is to read! On second thought; I could always save time by picking up a cheapo pair of glasses, you know to save trees. Since books have an awful lot of pages and blurred text probably uses up more ink.

Speaking of ink, I copy and pasted your post into notepad, saved the file MULTIPLE TIMES, and even renamed it and hid around my computer. I even put one in the WINDOWS folder :O. You may ask why, but you said you could not disclose the features for "a reason". Hypothetically, your reason could be anything. Maybe you got it from the CIA, the FBI, the NCAA, the NFL, the MLS, or maybe the RIAA! Of course Aliens are also a distinct possibility. So this may be of value one day, or maybe I'll get talk to another human being in RL!!!

Only problem I can see is the wheels, I can see a heated discussion arising between the wheels and feet. Who gets to sit on the table and who doesn't? It would get even worse if you had a really nice desk, like a nice cherry or maple, I personally would not want to deal with angry feet and wheels. I know my case's feet talk a lot, always complaining about dust and noise, and my car's wheels are even worse, I couldn't imagine them being in same place.

In-fact, you may be the descendant of an alien! No normal human being could come up with that design, I mean the wheels, the physics, and the convective low pressure zone. It's pure genius, you should put a picture of a fruit on it or something, maybe a pear or strawberry you know? Then make it sorta simple/abstract and make sure no one can change ANYTHING. Make the case outta titanium so all those darn modders can't cut up this beautiful piece of art.

I salute you good sir, for you have created an epic masterpiece.

P.S. You should call up the queen, you could probably be a knighted for this, just use some fancy words, make a few French jokes and it'll be a sinch.

Don't take the seriously please, I've written 3 essays in the last week about stuff I have absolutely no interest in. I needed a break....

Oh sorry I didn't see; how I could I have been so ignorant! The theoretical designs and physics are astounding. Along with convective low pressure airflow! It's like putting a hurricane in your case! Then wheels, oh my wheels, I love wheels.

The render is also outstanding, along with the blurred text. I mean, only a complete dolt would miss what I did. Blurred out text is so easy to read, I think I may scan all of my books into photoshop and blur them, I never realized how easy it is to read! On second thought; I could always save time by picking up a cheapo pair of glasses, you know to save trees. Since books have an awful lot of pages and blurred text probably uses up more ink.

Speaking of ink, I copy and pasted your post into notepad, saved the file MULTIPLE TIMES, and even renamed it and hid around my computer. I even put one in the WINDOWS folder :O. You may ask why, but you said you could not disclose the features for "a reason". Hypothetically, your reason could be anything. Maybe you got it from the CIA, the FBI, the NCAA, the NFL, the MLS, or maybe the RIAA! Of course Aliens are also a distinct possibility. So this may be of value one day, or maybe I'll get talk to another human being in RL!!!

Only problem I can see is the wheels, I can see a heated discussion arising between the wheels and feet. Who gets to sit on the table and who doesn't? It would get even worse if you had a really nice desk, like a nice cherry or maple, I personally would not want to deal with angry feet and wheels. I know my case's feet talk a lot, always complaining about dust and noise, and my car's wheels are even worse, I couldn't imagine them being in same place.

In-fact, you may be the descendant of an alien! No normal human being could come up with that design, I mean the wheels, the physics, and the convective low pressure zone. It's pure genius, you should put a picture of a fruit on it or something, maybe a pear or strawberry you know? Then make it sorta simple/abstract and make sure no one can change ANYTHING. Make the case outta titanium so all those darn modders can't cut up this beautiful piece of art.

I salute you good sir, for you have created an epic masterpiece.

P.S. You should call up the queen, you could probably be a knighted for this, just use some fancy words, make a few French jokes and it'll be a sinch.

Don't take the seriously please, I've written 3 essays in the last week about stuff I have absolutely no interest in. I needed a break....

(I almost took you seriously, good rant by the way.)
Hahahahahaha! I havent laughed so hard in a long time, thanks for that. Thanks for all that sarcasm though... I hope you get a chance to rest man, those essays can be rough on the psyche.
Oh and here is a more recent version of my concept I figured since your going to make a gazillion copies(sarcasm), you might as well have the more updated material ;) . I even used white blocks versus blur effects, just to make you happy. Also...it's all free-handed with MS Paint, and colored on GIMP.

Regardless, sorry OP...didnt mean to hijack your thread.

Man, you almost made me choke with laughter...touche.

Attachments

• DSC00430.jpg
    DSC00430.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 150
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom