Custom LCD Bezel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kbalz

Baseband Member
Reposted from : http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/custom-lcd-bezel-145240/#post1110136 I realized I was in the wrong forum!

I want to buy two 22-24 inch widescreen LCDs.. and run on dual output.. but bezel's are always too thick and anger me! I want the actual display very close so it appears more like one 50" wide screen.

I'd like to remove the bezel, and cut the plastic on the size of the monitor down, replace with ultra thin plastic.. however there are zero guides on removing a LCD's bezel.. Anyone done this or seen this? I'm afraid to ruin it!

ok well first you need to look up the design and build sheets on the net so that you can see how it is put together.....

ok I just tried to take the casin off of my lcd screen and all screws are removed and yet the beel isn't budging at all!!!!! there is no visible form of connection and yet the bezel isn't even moving more then a mm If your screens are going to be like mine I think your plan is screwed

that and sif get 2 24" LCDs, rofl, 1 24" is the same price as 2 22". unless you are made of cash that is, haha, I got a 22", and they are friken beatiful, 24" is a nicer resolution, yes, however, also more than double the price ="(

that and sif get 2 24" LCDs, rofl, 1 24" is the same price as 2 22". unless you are made of cash that is, haha, I got a 22", and they are friken beatiful, 24" is a nicer resolution, yes, however, also more than double the price ="(

No, I do not care about money. The screen size isn't set in stone, I just want to know how to do it, not compare monitor's size and res. at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom