Custom built laptop cooling stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightSurge

Fully Optimized
I have 2 spare 120mm 1300RPM fans (non-LED) that I think would be perfect for use in making my own little laptop cooling stand. My friend has an HP laptop that has gaming peripherals, but it always overheats when gaming, so I figured I would put my extra goodies to good use, and give myself some experience with a custom little project like this.

What kind of parts and things will I need? I would prefer to be able to run the fans off of the laptop battery via a USP port.

I'm thinking I will need a casing material of some sort, a switch, a USB male cable, some wire, and anything I'd need to cut/mount/seal the casing and fans. I looked online and saw a vague step-by-step but it asked me to join to view the more detailed process. Any suggestions on the type of switch I would need, the material I should use, how I would wire it, etc would be helpful!

IMO, get some thin wood, make a box with vents on the sides, have the fans in the center, cut holes for them to blow through, buy some good fan grills, and use a 12v AC/DC converter for it instead of the USB ports... Be a bit more of a permenant solution as making a nice one would be a bit difficult... I have considered making one using 100CFM 120mm fans, I just dont have the time honestly...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom