Status
Not open for further replies.

QuaziBee

Daemon Poster
e6750 w/ Tuniq
P35 DS3R
GSkill 800HZ 2gig
GTX8800

Okay the cpu is now bootable to 4ghz but not orthos stable, it was 3:30am when I quit, I plan on tweaking it this afternoon. The ram is now at 1ghz with 5-6-6-18 timings, I may be able to take this a bit lower later. Finally the videocard was stable for a 25min artifact scan and all games at 630mhz although I haven't touched the ram frequency yet.

Heres a validation I did before I ran orthos and crashed after about 2min.
CPU-Z Validator Database
I dont think I will keep the processor at 4ghz just because the voltage demands for stability outweigh the 400mhz difference you can get at 3.6 with stock volts.

3Dmark06
A: I only have the trial version.
B: Is the CPU test supposed to run like crap? 1-2fps on those tests.
C: I'm confident I can push the score up by another 1000 with more tweaking.

Latest score at the above mentioned specs was 12583.

I will take pics of wire management and screnies of clocks, temps, and scores this afternoon hopefully, I'm only 4 bubbles away from lvl70 so my attention is divided.

CPU is supposed to run like crap. Mine did anyway and I'm pleased with my score. Use the "find my max memory" and "max core" and then wait until it starts getting artifacts. Then bump it down some. I'm sure you can get a much better score when you do that. Upping the OC on my graphics card made more difference on 3dmark06 than anything. BTW - don't forget to actually try playing some games...haha. Just got Bioshock tonight - it's pretty and smoooooth.

I ran find max core and the log showed it crashed at around 635, it ran stable at 630 for an hour and a half while I was out eating but I want to make it to 633 for a %10oc up from 575, 990mhz on the ram would also be nice for a good %10 bump all around.

Have you run pcmark? I think its a better overall benchmark for what you are doing (more cpu intensive for your overclock).

Does everybody else just use the unregistered version? I don't want to be happy with my score unless actually comparable with others.

Its crashing at 635? Thats seems really low, mine is running stable at 650/900 right now, it tends to crash out around 670 and the memory crashed out around 985. I would think a gtx would go higher than a gts.

I only ran find max core once so it could of been a fluke. there will be much tweaking in the days to come. btw, who buys software anymore? besides businesses that cant afford to get caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom