Curious....

Status
Not open for further replies.

C0RR0SIVE

Golden Master
Ok so I have decided to buy a new motherboard, I have been looking at the EVGA motherboards for AM2 (only buying motherboard, don't try to convince me to go with another socket) Anyways I found one I would like... But I have noticed that BFG and XFX make boards that look EXACTLY the same... With the same specs... Here are the links at the two that I was considering... Only thing I have noticed is RAID support on one was a tad bit different...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813189002
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813188008

Look at there pictures... There the same... almost, anyways any ideas? Opinions on if I should get the more expensive one or the cheaper one?

uhhh...he's talking about motherboards, dude.
depends how important raid is to you, O.P.
if that's the only difference.
do you mind if i ask why you are choosing to upgrade your mobo and what are you upgrading from?

hmm, thats good to know. i have been thinking of upgrading my abit as well to see if i can break 3.0ghz. That was one of my choices, but the more i think about it, the more i am liking the dfi lanparty.
although the bfg you listed also looks nice. i would do some reading on the technical review sites before buying either, though. then go with the one that offers what you need. i personally need a board that allows high bus speeds. which abit doesn't lol.

nagasama said:
uhhh...he's talking about motherboards, dude.

uhhh...ever heard of an analogy?

Anyway, I would go with Evga since they have good reputations with video cards and motherboards to some degree (Nosboost's issue with his Evga 680i board is an example) but BFG isnt good either. Their boards are stable stock but are buggy when overclocked and dont give you very much options. Evga's warrenty is probably better than BFG's but dont quote me on that. Ive owned a EVGA and BFG motherboard and even though they were pretty close in specs and price, the BFG board had very little overclocking problems (too bad the EVGA board died a couple weeks after owning it, probably due to human error) IMO, Evga>BFG. The extra money might be worth it but it is your choice. You could always look into another chipset if worse comes to worse.

Yea, right now I am worried about bugs when overclocking... This MSI board has WAY to many bugs and is extremly picky with its ram and voltages....

My board I have right now is weird. Its a different board but I could hit 2.7ghz and run it stable for 12 hours then reboot and its doesnt post. I want to get a DFI lanparty when I get the money and throw away this POS. Hey, if and when you sell that motherboard, want to sell it to me? Lol. Trust me, anything is better than this thing.

Actually, I was just looking at review for a DFI RS482 INFINITY ( http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...&Subcategory=22&description=&Ntk=&srchInDesc= ) and according to reviews and a $80 price tag, its worth buying it!

When it comes down to it, if you are short on money get the BFG version. If you dont want to get the BFG version and cant afford the EVGA version, look into another chipset.

If non of these apply, just get the Evga version. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom