Crysis instability

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazer_viking

In Runtime
Let me first start off by saying, I downloaded Crysis to try it out before I bought it, to see just what kind of performance I would get. I found that I loved the game more than anything, and I do intend to buy it, unless... the game crashes are still in the retail, uncracked version. I get random lockups (the whole computer... not just game) under Vista x64 (using the x86 bin of Crysis). I do have my PC overclocked, but I do believe it is stable. I've been playing at these settings for half a year now, and I've never had issues.

What do you guys think? How is the stability with the game on your systems?

I think its the nvidia drivers. When i was only using the driver that came with the GT i had no issues with crysis or gears, now that ive gone to the newest drivers, gears and crysis both are giving me tons of problems and ****ing me off. Same problems in both xp and vista, so its not the game.

Let me first start off by saying, I downloaded Crysis to try it out before I bought it, to see just what kind of performance I would get. I found that I loved the game more than anything, and I do intend to buy it, unless... the game crashes are still in the retail, uncracked version. I get random lockups (the whole computer... not just game) under Vista x64 (using the x86 bin of Crysis). I do have my PC overclocked, but I do believe it is stable. I've been playing at these settings for half a year now, and I've never had issues.

What do you guys think? How is the stability with the game on your systems?

truly stable computer = 8 hours of Orthos and at least 1 hour of ATI tool artifact test with no errors

Nah, an indefinite run of SMP Folding is the real test.
And its beneficial to society as well.

alright you really gotta give that a rest, we get the point :p and SMP folding doesnt test the video card to my knowledge :p

Truly stable = playing every game you own with no BSOD due to the overclock. Orthos is retarded.

Im only trying to get more members on the tech-forums folding team. :)
And we Certainly need it!

last time i folded under tech-forums.. i didnt seem to yield any results.. even though it would be running? it was weird...

but i will try again, because my computer is on 24/7 and does absolutely nothing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom