Crossfire GPU stress testing

35g700

rustle rustle
Yesterday I got a BSOD while playing DayZ, I think that it might be the second card in my rig overheating. I'll be ordering an aftermarket heatsink for it soon but I was wondering how I could go about stress testing my crossfire setup. In the past I used ATi Tool but the program doesn't use both cards. Is there a program that I can use that will max out both video cards so I can stress test them?

Thanks, I'll give it a try.

My old 6870 was the model with two fans, it ran cool and silent. I dusted it out last Thursday which was the day I got my second 6870. The new one only has one fan and a much smaller heatsink which worries me. It's A LOT louder than my old 6870 and runs quite a bit hotter, I was going to get a new heatsink for it but I noticed that If I remove the stock heatsink on it I will void the warranty.

Maybe I should have just gotten a 660 TI.

Yea you probably should have. Well take your first 6870 and stress test the new one to see if it's getting too hot. You might have to RMA it.

Don't worry about voiding the warranty. As long as no stickers are removed in the process they will be none the wiser.

Ok, I'll give that a try.

XFX puts warranty stickers on the screws that hold the stock heatsink on the card so I can't remove the stock heatsink without voiding the warranty :(

Tear it off and put it back on. I once sent a bios modded, volt modded (solder) 7950GT in to XFX and they replaced it. It had a sticker on the screws too but I still put a VF900 on it. Just put the sticker back and sent it in. They sent me an 8800GS back.

I just did a stress test on each of them.

Single Fan Card got to 94C
Dual Fan Card got to 83C

Smells like my old Xbox 360 in my room right now...

I set the fans on both cards to 100%

Single fan card got to 95C
Dual fan card got to 70C

I guess it's stable at high temps, although I'm not sure how hot it would get during regular games.

I thought that the heat was causing it to be unstable and causing driver failures. I've had my video drivers stop responding a few times ever since I added in my second card, I guess it's just AMD's poor drivers causing that.

Back
Top Bottom