Creating Partitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
The General said:
I don't know what you are smoking, but you couldn't be any worse at giving advice. Fdisk can't resize partitions. The Fdisk on a Win98 disc doesn't support NTFS, Gparted can resize NTFS partitions. That's what he needed to do ... resize his NTFS partition to make room for a new partition. Gparted, which is included on the "free AND legal" Ubuntu disc is exactly what he needed. He doesn't need to go and:

1. Find a disc he can't find
2. Use it to do something it can't do
3. On a filesystem that it doesn't support
4. On hardware that won't be detected
5. On 9 year old software

How is that easier?

1. Download Ubuntu
2. Boot it
3. Run Gparted
4. Drag the divider over with the mouse to the desired partition sizes
5. Click OK.

Take it easy man. Nobody is perfect.

TheMajor said:
Take it easy man. Nobody is perfect.

I tried to take it easy, but he was wrong on so many levels that I had to add that first sentence in there.

I even left out the part that the Ubuntu disc has a version of Fdisk on it that DOES support all those filesystems.

ya... well i found out dark messiah's problem... and i think its all video driver related... or the game doesnt support the drivers... i still get the direct3d errors in dark messiah.. but i just got through playing cs and condemned just fine.. anyway, i guess i'll wait it out until the x1950pro has new drivers..

but once i get my 250gb hard drive i'll be sure to download ubuntu and use gparted

i'm going ot try the 6.10 drivers right now, in hopes of it curing my problems.. i don't know if 6.10 support the x1950 pro.. but it does say x1900 series and x1950........ but above it, it says "x1950 pro uses looking for drivers click here" and thats the 6.09 drivers.. but i'll try 10.. lol

well... tried using it and hardware not compatible... stupid x1950 and its crappy drivers... i'm already having resolution problems as well...

You mean ATI has driver problems? Haven't I been saying this the whole time? Why did you betray nVidia in the first place?? :p

because crossfire yields better results with the x1900 series!! muawahahaha, and... my video quality and color actually do look better with this card

if you can find me some hacked sli drivers for an msi 975x platinum power up edition i may consider an 8800gtx :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom