crashes when OC'd

Status
Not open for further replies.

snypercore

Daemon Poster
ok i have an AMD 64 3800+ venice 2.4Ghz. ive OC'd it to 2.7Ghz and it runes fine, i had to up the voltage a tad but temps never ever exceed 50 degrees celcius and i have very sufficent case cooling while the cpu has a stock fan.
at 2.7Ghz i sometimes get crashes pretty random, it will be fine for an hour then crash sometimes only last a few mins. whats causing this ive been bench testing it, temps are fine volatage is fine im lost, and also venice chips require little power, that and i have 550watt PSU with not much energy sucking hardware so it should be fine?

You might have to up the voltage a little more, to get it stable. And I would recommend aftermarket cooling. Like an Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro. What is the vcore voltage, currently at?

do you seriously consider upping the voltage more than that? (1.504v)

alsoi will invest in aftermarket cooling but till i can aford it my cooling seems ok i mean if i leave core temp on system tray it will create a log, if i then go and play a demanding game (supreme commander) i can go back and check the log and it stay in the low-mid 40's

i wouldn't up the vcore too much more. you only have a 25mhz increase on your fsb..shouldn't require much of a voltage bump.
post the "memory" tab of cpu-z. your ram is likely the culprit. what mobo do you have?
alos, drop the ht multi to 3 (right now it's at 4), this may be causing an issue with stability as well.

i wouldn't up the vcore too much more. you only have a 25mhz increase on your fsb..shouldn't require much of a voltage bump.
post the "memory" tab of cpu-z. your ram is likely the culprit. what mobo do you have?
alos, drop the ht multi to 3 (right now it's at 4), this may be causing an issue with stability as well.

MY ram was OC'd to so yeah could be the prob. im nothome at the moment so cant post aCPU-Z screeny till i get home, im pretty new to OC'ing so what your saying is kinda goin out of my league but im sure i can learn.

my ram is DDR400 1GB and is running at 233MHz i dont know anything about timing and stuff and i havnt touched the voltage of my ram.
my mobo is an Elitegroup nFORCE3 A939, it specifically has OCing features so its pretty handy.
i might add i have made a very small OC on my GFX card (ATI X1950 AGP8x 256MB) in the bios it was set to 66Mhz ( cant control the multiplyer) to 69 Mhz thanks in advanced ill post back the screenies later

so if it is running at 233 mhz, it is overclocked 33mhz. what kind of ram is it?
it may not like running over stock at all, or it may need a small voltage increase.
try dropping it to ddr333 and see if it will stabilize.

i OC'd my RAM a long while back beofre i started OC'ing anything else and itsbeen fine.
all i can tell from here (not at home still) is thats its DDR400 @ 233MHz, havnt touched the voltage, my bios has the option to up the speed to 250 but it wont boot so itmust need a voltage increase but i dont know how much to increase by so maybe you could tell me, the chips are samsung and thats about all i can remember till i get home.

thanks alot for the replys ill son get the CPU-Z screenies up later

also i havnt touched the timings n the other sections ofthe ram as i dont know what they do and any web page that explains how and what seems to advaced so maybe someone could fill me in there to :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom