Cranked the old celeron 2.6GHz up............

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
yesterday so i could just download all the windows security updates and my firewall/antivirus etc.

Anyway it has been stood on its back for about 2months and when i first turned it on it was like a very high pitched squeaky sound but it seemed to calm down after about 10mins. Anyone got an explanation?

It may be that the sound has always been present and ive just got used to my super silent Athlon x2 4200 rig, so then when i turned the old one back on for the first time i was abit shocked? i dont know, but im pretty sure the sound went away after 10mins :confused:

No way!

Ill have to cover it up this time i think or at least cover any holes where dust could get in

Dont worry, his home is like **** for computers. Plus he's stupid but thats besides the point. Use filters or you will get stuff accumlating in the case but remember to clean the filters.

You don't have to use filters. Just clean your case out every 2 months or so with compressed air.

If you live in a more dusty environment, or smoke, or are a dust-free freak, then clean it sooner.

I didnt think i had to clean it regular when im not even using it? its only a back up pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom