CPU-Z not showing the correct multiplier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SheeppOSU

Solid State Member
This is my first time over clocking. My multiplier is set to 9 and I set the FSB at 300 in BIOS. I changed the vCore to 1.29. My temps seem to be ok in everest and bios. When I pull up CPU-Z though it shows my multiplier as 6 though. So I may be the first man to spend a bunch of money to under clock my pc =) Anyways if anyone knows if I may have done something wrong or if maybe the program isn't right let me know.

Q6600 B3
Gigabyte P35-DS3R
TT 120
2GB Crucial Ballistix
8800GTX
Corsair 520HX
Antec 900
Basic comp info

intel speedstep, lowers the multiplier when ur computer isn't under load in order to save power...once u open something demanding up it'll change back to 9, don't worry your ok

if you want you can keep it at 9 automatically by going to the BIOS and Disable C1E Support.

Oh hey, what are your temperatures on your Q6600? Speed Fan and Everest Temps or CoreTemp temperatures, please post pics. :)

Well didn't see your post until now sorry.

CoreTemp has:
Core0: 49
Core1: 47
Core2: 44
Core3: 49

Everest has:
Motherboard: 28
Aux: 40
GPU: 57

Honestly I assumed the Aux was cpu not sure though? I think I read it could be a few things how do you determine what it is? I don't have SpeedFan I think I just have all my fans going on max. I would post pics but I never have done that on a message board. I'm sure its easy maybe that can be a project for next week =)

if you want you can keep it at 9 automatically by going to the BIOS and Disable C1E Support.

Oh hey, what are your temperatures on your Q6600? Speed Fan and Everest Temps or CoreTemp temperatures, please post pics. :)

This is because of Intel's Speedstep. To turn this of you need to disable EIST. C1E is a halt command so the processor uses less power. Disabling this also helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom