CPU-Z error?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FghtinIrshNvrDi

Fully Optimized
Does CPU-Z lie? I mean, I know every program can have errors or glitches, but I thought CPU-Z was pretty reliable. Here's the story...

I overclocked my CPU to 2250mhz. my multiplier is nine, and 9*250 = 2250. So, my ram needed to be taken care of, right? Wrong.

CPU-Z says that my ROSEWILL VALUERAM is running at 250mhz, and there are NO prime95 errors. What's the deal here fellas? I find this hard to believe.

Ryan

So, is it still running at 250/500. I find that hard to believe myself. Rosewill Valueram, Rosewill is the Newegg store brand. What gives?

Maybe rosewill has a trick up their sleeve. But yeah, every time I boot up, it's running at 250mhz. For a while, it was running at 204.5, but now every time, it's at 249.9 or 250.0

Ryan

So, my ram needed to be taken care of, right? Wrong.
What does this mean? If you have your RAM set at 1:1, of course it would be running at 250. For it to be stable, yes that is surprising, but there is no reason for it not to be running that speed considering the settings...

I didn't raise voltages or anything... of course, I think the ram section in my chipset features is set to 'auto', so I don't have to manually configure anything.

Ryan

wihtout doing anything to the voltages, its running at 250Mhz?? wtf, thats wierd. it shouldnt be stable at all

running like a charm! :) I'm typing to you, on it, right now. Maybe I am just inexplicably awesome, so I got some magic computer ray-beams from God and He is partial to Rosewill valueram.

Ryan

or maybe you have a fate ahead of you worse than death and god is giving this to you as a present knowing your cruel future that lies ahead.

Run everest memory bench test...if it's truly running 250MHz aka DDR500 then you should get Approx 6700mb/sec

I say approx because your CPU speed will also determine how much it gets...sooo at 2.25GHz it might be like....6600mb/sec or something like that.

will do, and will post back asap.

Ryan

okay.... is this a seperate program from Everest Home Edtion, or is it part of the program? If it's part of the program, then it's reading it as 200 mhz. But I haven't set up a memory divider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom