CPU Water loop work log

Status
Not open for further replies.
idle temp 73*F ambient

idle-1.jpg

load temp running prime95

loadtemp-1.jpg

the reason i have my voltage so high is because my hardware is not effiecent, i have a crap mother board and i dont have a C3 stepping processor.

even when i had my H50 radiator in a bucket of ice water, and i was getting 10* idle temp and 25* load temp, i was barley able to boot at 4ghz. so its not temperatures keeping me from going higher, its hardware. i dont belive i ahve a C3 stepping CPU and i have the last gen chip set on my mobo. i did flash the mother board with the newest bios when i reinstalled windows and that didnt help at all.

its hardware, not temps keeping me from going higher
I got my 940 to 4.16GHz in a Gigabyte MA790X-UD4P.

I think it's more likely the board - nothing to do with the chipset, mind you. It's the power regulation. This board does have a vdroop of about 0.03-0.04V in my case.
So when setting the core volts, you need to set them by about that much higher than your target.

But then the board also does have a limit of 1.7V in BIOS (which results in about 1.66V) if you're pushing your CPU to the very limits.
Some nice temps there. I wonder what kinda temps you'd get if you had an i7 @ 1.5v in that system. Probably a bit higher right?
You wouldn't want an i7 running at 1.5V, at least unless you're prepared for the possibility of killing the board/chip.

With an i7 and Phenom II chip with equal power consumption, the Phenom II uses higher volts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom