CPU Voltage Fluctuation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhOsT1321

Daemon Poster
While my processor is idle, the voltage fluctuates from 1.360-1.368
When under load, my processor jumps up to 1.376-1.384

I set the voltage to 1.36 in BIOS, but why does it fluctuate? Can't this fluctuation cause the processor to over-volt itself?

I have tried overclocking, but this results in a crash when under load. Temps never go above 44ºC with Prime 95 Blend TortureTest. I am assuming that when I overclock the voltage jumps above the parameters of 1.4V

Specs are in my Signature, Here is a link to my exact processor specifications if it's of any help.

EDIT: My apologies, on second check, my voltage is set to 1.384, but can these voltage fluctuations harm the processor?

Update: I have been messing with overclocking some more and now my voltage jumps from 1.384 - 1.392
It is now going above what I set it at, it is jumping .008V higher than it is set to. Is this normal?
Cool and Quiet is off, as well as MSI APS.

Your cpu voltage fluctuating is normal. I'm not up on all the AMD setting to help you overclock though.

What if I were to raise the voltage to 1.4 and the voltage jumped to 1.408, do you believe that this could cause damage to the processor at all?

sooner or later you'll reach a limit that the cpu can't handle. It won't be because the voltage fluctuates to 1.5v when you have the setting at 1.45v. It will be because you set it to 1.45v in the 1st place. You know the voltage is fluctuating and you now know it's normal. Take that into consideration is all we can tell you. And just because someone else used 1.45v safely it doesn't mean you can. Every cpu is different just like every person is different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom