CPU Vcore...

Status
Not open for further replies.

advancedgeek

Daemon Poster
I just wanted to know why is going over 1.5V is dangerous when overclocking. Is it because the heat, or the high voltage might just kill the processor?

Also if you are going to overclock, do you have to disable EIST, virtualization technology and all those technology? I heard that someone said this to me when I was going to overclock.

1.5v isn't dangerous, as long as the temperatures are low enough, to handle it. So really...voltage is limited to the temperatures of your CPU. If you're at 1.5v, for example....and your temperatures are let's say, 40c idle/50-54c load. You can increase a little, to get that extra speed or to get more stability, if your overclock isn't.

I think it's best to disable anything you're not using, while overclocking. Such as unused SATA ports, RAID, and anything you don't use...floppy drive. This prevents various conflicts, that might happen.

True...but motherboards don't go anywhere near, up to that amount of voltage. Mine only goes up to 1.6v...

I've read in some of klngpln's post at xtremesystems, he used 1.86v on vcore, in one of his setups.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom