CPU too hot ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Braz is right. I tried the "paper experiment"..lol. The 120mm fan on the back is blowing air out and not in. For some reason I was thinking the other way around.

Thanks for help...I'll be switching it tomorrow and will let you guys know the results.

switching what? the cooler or the fan?

leave the exhaust pointing outwards... make sure your intake (in the front) is pointing inwards

oh and to wheover said exhaust in the front is just weird should checkout the Lian-Li A-105B

So I turned my CPU cooler around so that it looks like Braz's. Now the temperatures are more reasonable. They aren't super low....but the system idles in the mid 40s and when stressed...highest I could get it was upper 50's/low 60s. Which is better than before.

I'm going to try and get some new paste soon to see if that lowers the temp. even more. Using Thermaltake, Thermal compound AS atm. Going to try and get some Article Cooling MX-2 or Arctic Silver 5.

hope your problem gets solved, I'd try adding a new fan if temps don't drop retur the fans and go water cooled :p

Not sure just throwing ideas at you GL

I was considering water cooled, SuXor hehe. But wanna figure out this first before I go crazy.

Kind of the next question...with my system idling at upper 40s. How much heat for the CPU cooler be taking on? When I put my hand on the heat sink...it feels a little warmer than lukewarm. Is this about right ?

if you are interested in watercooling, I would highly recommend this: Petra's Tech Shop
I just ordered mine, should be here tuesday. It will be replacing my arctic freezer 7 pro. ( I idle around 43c-45c with my E8400 stock speeds. Also, I talked to the guy at petrastechshop and he said he has seen better temps with the MX-2 than AS5, so I got the MX-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom