CPU Temp Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

dishman

Baseband Member
I have been using "Speed Fan" to monitor my cpu temp.

Anyone know of a better program?

Something that looks better.

Something that will allow me to actually change my fan speed.

Something thats free.

Dishman

pc probe ii uses up 50% of one Cpu's power but allows you to view temps accurately, Everest home edition has reasonable results and Nvidia monitor is good for gpu temps.

Speedfan lets you do everything you want for free you can easily change fan speeds with it :D

pc probe ii uses up 50% of one Cpu's power but allows you to view temps accurately, Everest home edition has reasonable results and Nvidia monitor is good for gpu temps.

Speedfan lets you do everything you want for free you can easily change fan speeds with it :D

Pc probe does not use 50% of one's cpu power. I use it everyday. Once in a while it does use up around 50% of the cpu but that only lasts 4-10seconds then its back to normal. As I type, I have it up and running and my cpu temp is 27c idle and windows task manager-process shows pc probe at 0-1%

ive always used Everest aswell, seems pretty accurate and my gpu temp is the same on Everest as it is on nvidia control panel

what CPU do you have? for the most accurate readings of Core2 chips use coretemp. no fan speed control, but it reads the right sensors.

If you have a C2D then Coretemp as stated is the most accurate. Speedfan however is very close and does let you change your fan speed for free lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom