CPU Temp question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhgunit

Daemon Poster
What is the difference between CPU Temp and the Core Temps?

And why is there such a huge difference for me? I'm OC'ing my new E8400 tonight, up to 3.65Ghz right now.

CPU Temp is 26*C.

Core #1 is 41*C
Core #2 is 41*C

Also, On my last stress test for a 3.55 Ghz OC it was stable. Should I not mess with anything except the FSB as long as it is stable? When I become unstable should my next change come with the voltage? Currently at 1.33V.

CPU temp is usually recorded by a sensor under the CPU socket (or just off to the side)

Core temp is your ACTUAL temp (the temp u should be worried about)

You can increase FSB as high as you want, just remember to lower the memory speed to match it

(if your memory is ddr2 1066, its only going to work at slightly above 1066 maximum)

just leave the core voltage at 1.33 untill it becomes unstable
once its unstable increase it in as small of an ammount as possible, untill its stable again

using coretemp, and prime95 stress test, the maximum temperature that i personally would be comfortable with is 60c (the cpu will work at anywhere up to 85c, but its seriously going to lessen the lifespan.. to be safe keep it under 60c)

And remember, your motherboard is also a factor, it MIGHT not like the FSB going that high=)

My Core temp is always low about 20c atm

but my Temp1 is the one that goes up during stress

Is this CPU temp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom