cpu with some ducting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

burned-ati

Banned
hello i have just got ahold of some 4 inch ducting and i want to make some kind of cooling system with it maybe on the cpu fan sucking air straight out of the case wat do u guys think? so it would be sucking off the cpu through ducting and through another fan which would exuast hott air out of the case

The CPU fan on the HSF (on newer processors anywayz) pushes air onto the processor, not off it. Put your hand in front of the CPU fan and see which way the wind blows. If it blows off the fan, then post saying so and I'll tell more.

well i mean i already know which direction the air pushes on my cpu well before anyways it blew on it and ran idle 54c with no thermal gel and now i hooked up the duct system sucking air off and it runs at 49c with no thermal gel so imagine when i get thermal gel it should even help a little more maybe 2 celcius lower so im just going to leave my case modded like this helps really well

no thermal gel at all??? its metal to metal??? wow....thats scary..btw if it is like the expect a big gain when the thermal gel arives

The best thing to do with an airduct would be to stretch it across the case from front to back or bottom to top, and cut out a hole for the CPU fan to draw air from it. Have one side of the duct with an intake fan and the other with an exhaust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom