CPU Running at 91 C!!! HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

King$nake

In Runtime
I overclocked my PC over a year ago to 3.2 Ghz stable and have not had a single problem. Well today out of nowhere my PC crashed and when I rebooted (at first it wouldn't even reboot) I get an error message saying CPU Temperature too high! So I get back into windows and I check it out and my temp is at 91 degrees C!! And my ghz has dropped down to 2.2ghz from 3.2ghz! What happened? I completely forgot how to overclock and now I don't know what to do. My CPU used to run at about 46 degrees if I remmeber correctly. Could dust be causing the problems? Please help!

Specs are in Sig

its throttling your CPU back to a lower clock before it burns it up.

you need to clean your case and check airflow. check your heatsink also.

Heres what I did:

I opened up the case and saw how dusty it was in there. I disconnected everything and took the computer outside into the cold air. I used my vacuum cleaner on reverse (blows cold air) and completely blew out ALL the dust. It was spotless when I was done. I let the PC sit for a few minutes, took the dog for a walk and came back and hooked everything back up. Now its running back at 3.2 ghz @ 40 degrees!

sweet. What are the chances I did any damage to my PC since the temp was that high?

Heres what I did:

I opened up the case and saw how dusty it was in there. I disconnected everything and took the computer outside into the cold air. I used my vacuum cleaner on reverse (blows cold air) and completely blew out ALL the dust. It was spotless when I was done. I let the PC sit for a few minutes, took the dog for a walk and came back and hooked everything back up. Now its running back at 3.2 ghz @ 40 degrees!

sweet. What are the chances I did any damage to my PC since the temp was that high?

Probably pretty low. It turned itself off because the temperature was too high. It's a safety feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom