CPU problems....i think

Status
Not open for further replies.

G_Unit_Soldier

Solid State Member
A few days ago I was in bios and was just looking through some settings and noticed that I could easily overclock my 2400+. I started upping the fsb a wee bit and checking the temps and if it booted. I then got to 142 fsb (15x multiplier) and past that it wouldnt boot fully. Reset bios then tried again this time at 16x. Got to 136 and past that it wouldnt boot fully either. So at 16x it would run faster. I kept it at that and it was running pretty good for a while. I was then looking thru the diff multipliers and saw that there were ones sitting at like 11x and lower so i thought ill chuck it down at that and put the fsb upto say 170 just to start with. So i saved and exited to find that it wouldnt boot so I reset bios and restarted. I then went back into bios and the fsb was sitting on 100mhz (lowest setting), so I put it back up to normal (133mhz, 15x multiplier) and saved and exited and it wouldnt boot. Tried this several times and still no booting. I then left it at 100mhz, 15x and it boots to end up with a pety 1.5ghz. Now what i wanted to know was have I stuffed my cpu or not? Is it the mobo? My mobo is an Asus A7N8X-Deluxe.... please help! I know ppl are gonna start sayin if it aint broke dont fix it but come on u have to try it once.

EDIT - Also when i checked the temps they were only sitting around 45 degrees celsius

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom