cpu for a pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

eatmangos91

Baseband Member
i have looked a cpus 4 my 1st time pc build and have seen both an amd venice 3000+ athlon 64 and an intel p4

the amd runs at 2ghz and the intel at 3.
they r both the same price....so isnt this a clear win 4 intel?

p.s.i dont want 2 overclock as i dont have much money (so cant
afford 2 buy another cpu if it dies) and i have never done oc'in b4
so ill probably muck it up....

please help me!!!!:cool:

ok, the reason is that they are different is because amd and intel work differently. if you do a search of the forums you will find something about it.Thought if your gaming get the amd not gaming get the intel as simple as that.

think of it this way

intel is like a 6 lane hwy with a 100mph speed limit
amd is like a 10 lane hwy with a 60mph speed limit

one move faster buy they both get the same amount of work done in the same amount of time

however about your overclocking comment
it is not hard to do basic overclocks and does not endanger the cpu as long as you stay in reasonable limits i.e. dont expect 4+ghz out of a 2ghz amd look more in the range of 2.6 or lower also thats why this forum exists to help ppl with problems overclocking being one of them.

personally if you do games get amd if you do all kinds of cpu intensive stuff like rendering or amimation intel might be the best choice for you

oh...and should i get the 3000+ for £100 or get the 3200+ for £30 more...im on a tight budget so wpuld it make a big difference???

No not a big dif go for the 3200+ though if your not into OC even if you are the 3200+ would um give you more of a ability of OC

eatmyass91 said:
is the mb ok?....i have no clue wot im lookin 4 in an amd mb...

I want to say it good (nforce 4 ultra a good chipset) but I cant bring my self to say anything made by FOXCONN is half way decent.

I try to stick to more respectful companies that make motherboards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom