CPU Multiplyer not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
I adjusted the CPU Multiplyer in the BIOS from 11x 194 to 13x 180.

Startedd my pc up and ran a program and it still says 11x and is now lower clock speed. yet i rebooted it again went into bios and it did say 13x.

Whats wrong ?

well 13x180 is a lower clock then 11x194, and most cpus wont let you adjust it for a lower value, no less almost a full ghz lower then stock. you underclocking your cpu with that value. so thats the error.

erm 13 x 180= 2340
11 x 194 = 2134 ... Or isnt it that simple.

So although i can change the multipier in the bios this doesnt effect the CPU in my case ?

King X13 said:
well 13x180 is a lower clock then 11x194, and most cpus wont let you adjust it for a lower value, no less almost a full ghz lower then stock. you underclocking your cpu with that value. so thats the error.

say what?
11x194 = 2.134
13x180=2.340

that doesn't look like a full ghz lower...?
correct me if i'm wrong, but kman your stock cpu speed is i cant remember but it's a 3500 isn't it?
anyways, it's lower than 2.134 ghz.
you're only underclocking if the final value of the equation is less than you're stock speed, ie if you had your cpu clocked at 1.6ghz.
it doesn't matter the number (also known as the EXTERNAL clock, 180, 194, 198, etc) that you use, nor does the multiplier.
nah dude i think maybe your program is the problem. try a different one. always trust bios over a program in windows. especially for temps and clock speeds.
dud i have screwed up and pressed the wrong button a lot in bios and came out with a 260x4=1.04ghz (lol) underclock many times.
that's not the problem, i don't think.
did it boot at 12x180?

Its weird i put it up to something like 16x after 13x to see weather that worked and also wacked external cpu to 194 (stable at 11x multi) and it booted. Both CPU-Z and EVEREST still clamed 2.1Ghz and 11x multiplyer.

Stock is 1.8ghz by the way.

Ive got an athlon 2500 A2 socket (This is my current pc not the one im buying in case your getting muddled)

try lowering the ext. clock speed to like 180 x 11 and see if it changes downward in the programs.
if it does leave the clock at 180 and change the multiplier to 13 and then check it.
also, reset the cmos if that doesnt work and try all over.
after all that, if nothing works, dump cpu-z and download and install it again.
also, did cpuz give the correct speed before you started overclocking?
i gotta take off for awhile but try all that and get back with me.

Couldn't this be caused by something like Intel's Speedstep Technology? When the computer isn't loaded, the processor automatically sets itself to a lower clock multiplier, in order to save power.

K M A N, to test this theory, download Prime95 and check the multiplier and clock speed while doing a torture test. If under load it's still the same as before, then we'll have to look for a different solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom