CPU multiplier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Be warned, most modded BIOS are fairly dangerous to flash and in a lot of cases they will not work properly and can seriously damage your board. In addition, any BIOS considered a BETA is not covered by the warranty and a failed flash will screw you over.

I don't see the point of a unlocked multi unless you have crap RAM which even so you can use dividers. FSB increase is always better for performance and bandwidth than a multi raise.

Yes, but if I hit a cap (like FSB of 250 or something) then I could still up the multiplier to change the CPU speed. That is the only reason I was asking.

It doesn't matter, the core has a maximum speed it will operate at regardless of whether it was obtained via rasing the FSB or increasing the multiplier.

and I always thought it was because the FSB wouldn't go higher... huh... learn something new every day.

I can lower it... But why in the hell would i wanna lower it? rofl
In case you felt 200x9 was boring and wanted to run 300x6 instead......same clock speed but much higher HTT, and it'd mainly be beneficial assuming your RAM could run up higher with it.

If you lower your multi, you can up the fsb which (like Nubi said) or HTT it will give you better performance. Like with me, I'm getting some ery highly clocked RAM (DDR500) and if I could lower my mutli and up my FSB there would be some great gains in performance! It would also make things easier... :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom