cpu & mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nvidia fan boy said:
the nforce 3 ultra pwns via and so does the Nforce4 ultra.

I purposley stayed away from n-Force 3 becuase of the fact that it couldnt out-do VIA, if I only had the benchies for n-Force vs. VIA, I could show all of you that n-Force 3 and lower havent been able to outperfrom VIA. It isnt a matter of bias but of fact.

Nvidia fan boy said:
the dfi will OC better than most products.

pure luck of the draw, and you have to get a good BIOS. The BIOS it comes with is full of bugs and the DFI can be very picky on what RAM it will run with. It's a great board once you figure out all it's little probs, but out of the box i consider it horrible, even after manufacturer BIOS it still has probs. u need a modded BIOS for good overclocks.

Nvidia fan boy said:
mine didnt give me any troubles and thats w/ a 3200+ and my corsair.

why i said "luck ofthe draw". Tried to help a friend of mine (Mojo) get his to run with Kingston Hyper-X sticks and a mobile 2600+. Overclocking was totally unstable, and it screwed his GD over to the point of reformatting 2X. After that he got Corsair sticks and everything works well (245*11). The kingstons were not a bad kit either, they ran fine in my computer, i tested them to see if they werre bad. his board was just picky of RAM.

Nvidia fan boy said:
goes to show corsair is better.......j/p guys j/p!

lol i would actually agree with that. i never liked Kingston...just personal preference of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom