cpu & mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
fsb is everything. everything is conected to the FRONT SIDE BUS. your ram is conected to the cpu which is conected to the northnridge which relates and is also conected to the agp slot. its all a big loop.

GameGURU said:
Um...the FSB isnt the chipset. Although they are linked together differently, the chipset varies from VIA to nVIDIA n-Force. VIA has also been proven to out perfrom the n-Force chipset in every category.

FSB has to do with memory. The chipset has to do with the motherboard.
^^^^^^
u should mention in the amd 64 category :p
because im pretty sure in the xp category the nforce 2 is king

YourPrinter said:
because im pretty sure in the xp category the nforce 2 is king

for AthlonXP based machines, NF2 chipset is the only way to go if your are looking for 250+fsb. i have seen some NF2 chipsets reach 280+fsb (vmods of course...but completely stable) Also dependent on RAM, cant do that with cheapo RAM (unless you run a ratio).

Via is king right now for 64bit machines, NF4 might prove to be better though.

Nvidia fan boy said:
fsb is everything. everything is conected to the FRONT SIDE BUS. your ram is conected to the cpu which is conected to the northnridge which relates and is also conected to the agp slot. its all a big loop.

What you just said reminds me of that song..The leg bones connected to the.....thigh bone.. the thigh bones connected to the......well you get my point lol. You are right about the big loop part. You are NOT right about the FSB and the chipset being the same thing.

well its not sorry. but the chipset controls the fsb cause the ram agp slot and the cpu are all controlled by the chipset(or the northbridge).

beedubaya said:
You are right about the big loop part. You are NOT right about the FSB and the chipset being the same thing.

they are not the "same thing", i agree. but they are totally dependent on eachother. you can't expect a decent FSB if you are running an older less powerful chipset. in order to run a higher fsb, you must increase chipset voltage. RAM and fsb are not the same thing (i believe someone said this earlier) they do however USUALLY run 1:1 which increases performance compared to 5:4 of some other ratio.

maybe start your own thread, all this guy wanted to know is what mobo to get. not discuss interrealtions between FSB/RAM/AGP/PCI/CPU...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom