CPU Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
nah, it would last years. Instead of it lasting 100 (just an example) years, it would probably last like 7 years...people over estimate what the voltage will do to your cpu. It is unlikely it would even fail from volts anyway.

As long as temps are acceptable, your chip will last quite a few years. It will be severely outdated long before it dies, for sure.

xeon 3220 @ 1.5v - 3.4ghz Stable
Been about 8 months now and runs better with every driver update ^^. Current uptime is 17 days. I leave it on all the time and try not to restart it ever, I can always game or run numerous apps without the worry of something happening.

there's no way you should require that voltage for 3.7ghz...if you are having problems attaining a clock then I'm 100% sure something else is holding you back other than the CPU. Is your CPU an E0 stepping?

Yeh it's E0 stepping.

And it could be my ram. But then i tried 3.6ghz at just under 1.4v and it wasn't stable, it was onyl stable after raising it to 1.4v.

Well the P35 is only so-so for clocking 45nm quads...but I'm willing to bet the RAM is your culprit. DDR2 is quite cheap, I recommend picking something better up.

But surely if the ram was the culprit i would only have to be raising ram voltage to keep that stable and not the cpu itself ?

Yes but are you 100% sure it's stable? Try dropping the multiplier to 6x and getting your target FSB stable with the CPU vcore at stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom