CPU initial temp 45C Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

klein1jo

In Runtime
I've been loading my BIOS everytime I start my computer. My initial temps have been high 40's. Today it was 48C. How can this be? The computer has been sitting all night. I have no thermal pad or paste left and am waiting for my AS5 to come in. Can it get this hot in seconds?

turtile said:
Thats normal for P4s. They run very hot.

Incorrect. P4's can run hot, but that has nothing to do with it.

CPU temp will always be higher when you're checking it through the BIOS. Thats because the CPU isn't idle and is not being managed by the operating system yet. If I were to check the temp of my cpu (P4 640 @ 3.6GHz) in the BIOS it would ready 44-50* C, but after XP loads my idle temps are 28* C.

I have Everest. It reads anywhere from 3-5 degrees lower than what the BIOS says. Could that have something to do with it? Better CPU management? I always thought it was because it was slightly off. Even then it reads on average 47 or 48. Right now it reads 42 and my system temp is 28. WTF. It usually says 48 and 34.

That temp is fine for your P4 especially since you have no thermal paste. Pentiums actually do run quite hot. You'll be in the clear when you get your AS5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom