CPU indicates 100 percent extra fans are working and its sounds very noisyÂ…

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi again,

This is the exact motherboard which is on my machine!

www.intel.com/products/motherboard/d915gav/index.htm

Once i disabled the cpu fans another fan is working so loudly (donÂ’t know which one may be one in power unit!) and the temperature is also going up to maximum level. So immediately i enabled the fans:)

i installed LANDsesk system manager to make sure if there anything serious on the machine. But according to that my system is all fine....

Anyway! i make this moment to wish you happy new year!

Cheers!

OK. Your link doesn't work, but I found your mobo on Intel's site.

It comes with Intel's onboard GMA900 graphics.

Actually, as far as onboard graphics go, yours ain't bad. But if yo are using graphic intensive applications, it just won't be able to keep up.

Try this. Download Belarc Advisor (http://www.majorgeeks.com/Belarc_Advisor_d1385.html). Run it. One it gives you its findings, post what it says under Display. That way we'll know if it is onboard or card.

It says....

Intel(R) 82915G Express Chipset Family [Display adapter]
Samsung SyncMaster [Monitor] (15.2"vis, s/n HHAY926148, September 2005)

OK. You are definately using onboard graphics.

If you can get a decent graphics card for your comp, I would do so.

Your CPU and RAM are good enough, but your graphics are bottlenecking you.

Thanks a lot your kindly corporation! I will check with my seller what type of graphic cards they have in stocks right now.

Thanks again.

--------------
Anuruddha

how will him getting a new grfx card help with his noise problem? i would suggest u simply spend another $30 or so and get a zalman heat sink. it will give u better temps and will not be as noisy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom