Cpu Heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never tried heatpipes myself. Should cool great as long as you make sure to have a lot of air moving across it.

Nubius said:
You got that backwards, Intels run cooler than AMD's, 50C up to even 60C is fairly normal for a regular case, with hardly any case fans and stock heatsink.

Compared to your Barton cores they do.

My stock 3.0GHZ Intel reaches over 57 degrees in anything CPU intensive. My AMD maxed out at 2.55 GHZ and 1.8 volts only does 50

Most athlon XPs will be 50's IDLE, easily. My 2400+ XP with stock cooling and no case fans would be at 64C idle, god knows what it hit full load.

The Athlon64's, although more powerful are actually getting better about temps, I suppose the heatspreader might have something to do with it, but also the stock heatsinks that are coming with em, are pretty good really.

my heatsink has 5 heatpipes and cools my amd 64 very very well

@ Bpowa i suprised u got temps like that with that heatsink, i had on on my amd xp2600 and i hated it, not only was it the loudest fan ive ever heard but it was also terrible at cooling the chip below 50C :(

Thats what I've heard and also read aj2003, the Jet Series are for more "modders equiptment" who have sidewindows supposeably the Jet Series dont actually do anything then look good and sound horrible the cooling capabilites are nasty.

I was going to buy that tower you posted, but after measuring up the dimensions - it would barely fit in my case so I decided on the ThermalRight xp-120. This is a GREAT buy.

It is a freaking monster but man it works well. It cooled me down 5 degrees C (on Abit tepm readings, which are proven to have a problem)

Then I set it up on the Asus I have next to me and it is cooling an FX-55 BELOW 30 DEGREES IDLE!!!

You will NOT BE dissapointed, but this fan also helps out a lot:

http://www.frozencpu.com/fan-157.html

Its never running at full speed so the noise listed never is heard

Thats what I've heard and also read aj2003, the Jet Series are for more "modders equiptment" who have sidewindows supposeably the Jet Series dont actually do anything then look good and sound horrible the cooling capabilites are nasty.
Meh it's aright. I bought the coolermaster Jet 7 way back when, but it compares nothing to the SLK-900A and vantec tornado I have now, but it does a decent job, better than stock cooling for sure though. It's definitely not anywhere near as loud as the tornado either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom