Cpu Heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fig

Baseband Member
Was looking for a new heat sink and found this one, just wanted to get some thoughts and opinions on this before i buy it.

Thermaltake Tower112

Thermaltake Tower112
2x 80mm fans
nanotherm pcm plus

DAMN! Thats quite a lot of heatsink there. What are you going to use it to cool? Its pretty neat though if you ask me. Probably one of the more powerful ones i've ever seen.

There's a guy in these forums (although haven't seen him in a while) who got that heatsink. Said it's a friggin monster, but it cools real well, he had a tornado as intake on the side panel, and one tornado on that tower though too lol, but I'm sure it will still cool quite well.

What are you going to use it to cool?
Just taking a guess here, but probably a CPU? :p

cpu temp hits around 50c while playing games, dont really notice any lag or anything, just dont think its supposed to run that hot

PC Specs:
P4 3ghz ht northwood
P4C800-E D
Saph 9800xt 256/zalman heat sink
Aspire Chameleon 550w
1G G.Skill 4400

anyone have an idea on the weight of this heat sink?

It's intel...50 c is where is supposed to be. If it was AMD i'd be worried. But w/ that heat sink, you could overclock.

And that would look good next to my moniter....matches color and everything.

*edit*
read, on, cauze you learn something new everyday.

It's intel...50 c is where is supposed to be. If it was AMD i'd be worried.
You got that backwards, Intels run cooler than AMD's, 50C up to even 60C is fairly normal for a regular case, with hardly any case fans and stock heatsink.

Thermaltake is great, I have one ony a 2500-M thats been overclocked 900mhz for 6 months. Idle temp is 43 and never goes above 50!

An AMD 64 running at 50 C is something to worry about. Mines gonna give me a stroke...

That thing is insane. Is it going to fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom