CPU FAN Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zipp080

Baseband Member
I just bought a Venus12 fan/heatsink for my amd64 system I just built. I was curious if there was a program I could run to control the fan speed. Currently it is running at a constant 5600 RPM keeping my cpu at about 38 C. I think the fan speed is abit high though. It came with a hookup to attach to a bay area that is suppost to control the fan speed if I hook up all the wires, but I am pretty new and my case doesn't even have the right size bay to install the knob at. So is there a program to just do it in the computer itself, rather than manually with a knob?

I wouldn't mess around too much with yur fan speed, expectally with a 64 bit. You turn it down too low, it will mess up yur prossesser. I have a 64 and I use the hookup that came with it. It has a safety swich that it built in that automatically turns off the computer if it gets too hot.

well i mean since i have watercooling, they said i can take out all of my fans out of my case... but im not gonna do that. If you get that, you should just do it for ur case fans if u have loud ones.

Check your motherboard book and see if you have a fan controller built into it. I have an MSI and it automatically controls the fan with the cool and quite feature built into the processor. Not many motherboards support it though.

you can adjust your fan speed according to noise/temp, you don't have to leave it at 5500 all the time, you can keep it at 3500 (almost silent) while listening to music, internet, etc.. when you're playing games turn it up to 4500, if you're ripping dvd's or encoding something, blast that sucker to 5500, you'll need it

My watercooling fan (cools off the water) runs at MAX 5550. Most of the time i leave it at 2500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom