CPU fan a bit loud

Status
Not open for further replies.

PILMAN

In Runtime
My CPU fan is a bit loud. Haven't found any options to lower how fast the CPU fan is spinning. My brothers computer is same specs as me, different motherboard and his fans quiet. I haven't found any options on asus p4c800 deluxe to lower it. I just turned off overclocking, anyway to lower it and what RPM would you suggest?

for the p4c800 go on the asus website in the downloads area, there is a program called AiBooster utility, it can adjust your cpu fan speed, good luck

welll the fan is running automatic if ur cpu is geting hot then the fan is geting faster which makes it louder so if u wanna make it lower u gota buy a fan controler and hook ur cpu fan cord to the fan contrl and then u can control the speed so if u make it lower then the fan will run slower but quiter but it might be bad for ur cpu cuz it will be getnig hot cuz the fan is running slow but when u pplug it in to the motherboard like it always is it goes auto so its better btu if u want it quite then thats ur choice or u can go water cooling like me my computer dont have any noise its quit like a baby and it gives good tepms for my cpu i ave it hosed to my cpu then going 2 my vid card then going back to the pump see ya..

Anyway to tell why my CPU would be getting hot? It's not really loud but it makes noise, my brothers is the same setup and his doesn't make any noise but his computer seems to have a lot more problems compared to mine including a lot of harddrive failures and such. Mine also seems to run a lot smoother.

Again, my brother has fans, but his computer is silent. Most of the dells I've worked on are silent. Mine has a fan as well but it is LOUD and it seems to spin much faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom