CPU Dual Cores

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehBestEver

In Runtime
Quick question: In games, am I going to feel a significant difference between the 3800 X2 and the 4400 X2. There is still a large price difference and I don't want to pay a lot more for something that won't give me a large jump in power. I am also looking into overclocking whatever new processor I decide on buying. I've heard you can overclock the 3800 X2 to the 4800 X2 speed. So, if I got a 4400 X2, for example, would I be able to overclock that further than the 4800 X2? And also, I know Intel has their Extreme Edition dual cores, do you think AMD will come out with a FX dual core in the near future.

There's already a dual core fx series(FX-60), you can oc a 4400+ to a
fx-60 fairly easily since its only a 400mhz oc.

Yes you will notice a difference between the 3800 and the 4400. The 3800 only has 512kb of cache for each CPU and the 4400 has 1MB for each. For a 3800 to reach the speeds of a 4800 you need more than a 400MHz increase because of the cache. That being said, get an Opteron. A lot have been known to overclock to roughly the speeds of the FX-60.

Dual cores dont at this time make a great difference in games,but that is only a software issue.

cobalt817 said:
Dual cores dont at this time make a great difference in games,but that is only a software issue.

They will be taken advantage of when newer games come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom