CPU Cooling Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll prolly get AS on if things become a problem. It probably won't be a problem though, I mean, winter is comming soon anyway, and fall is comming so it should start to cool down soon.

Its so humid out, theres not even airflow in my room. My CPU was like 43 at the computer place when we tested it, but thats because it was airconditioned in the place.

Whats the GPU? Sorry, still learning here. If you mean GFX processor, its fine, I got myself a GeForce 6600GT and the fan is gigantic on it.

yeah video card. anyways its alreayd fall lol. go get some AS5 and try to reseat the heatsink

Using the Jet 4 Cooler and standard thermal paste which came with the product, i was having idle temps of about 35-36 degrees. Replacing the standard paste with AC5 i dropped to 31-32 degrees idle, so yeah it makes a good difference. I have removed my jet 4 a few times now to clean out dust and whatnot and ive found each time i have had a small improvement in temps each time simply coz im gettin better at doing it each time. The idea is to have about pee sized amount of AC5 on the surface of the CPU then make sure your heatsink is seated well, then move it slightly left and right to spread out the paste although this will happen also when the cpu heats up. I really think you should learn to do it yourself and that way you can take your time and get the best out of your cooler.

This was more related to weather. The last few days have been pretty cool, and it feels like my room is being air conditioned, my P4 is sitting at 35, 44 under load.

Ya your room temps really effect the temp of your processor. Before we turned our furnace on for the winter, we had a cold night and our house got down to about 56 F inside. And my AMD X2 4400 with stock HS/F was idleing at 25C, lol. But in normal room temps of 66F - 68F it idles arround 30C - 32C.

So that just goes to show that the temp in your room really dose effect CPU and other temps in your computer. Which is obvious thou cuz when your computer is taking in warmer air ofcourse its gona run warmer.

Dont P4's run pretty warm thou? I really dont know. But I would try to keep it at 50C max under load atleast. Your best bet would be to see what other processors the same as yours run at, then you would really know if yours is running too hot.

charles_scott said:
P4 do run rather warm compared to our AMD cpus......
Really? I was under the impression that it was the other way around. I guess this was reversed when the Prescott came out?

I was under the impression that the intel chips were actually meant to run cooler, cause I know my grandfathers P4 3.0ghz runs at a stable 25C at idle and not even hitting 30C under heavy load and that's in a pretty normal room temp and a normal case (80mm side, 2x80mm rear, 120mm front)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom